HappyDogBox is a subscription box I learned about from another blog and it immediately caught my attention. HappyDogBox advertises that you will get 4-6 American made dogs treats in each box, which I love. But here is the best part: right now, the first box is FREE. Yes, free! All you pay is shipping and handling! I figured we had nothing to lose, so we dove in.
In order to receive your first box you are asked three questions that work to customize the box to your dog . Now here’s the only downside- after your first (free) box, you will be charged $29.99 a month. I wish they had a discount for a multi-month subscription. Or at least a referral service. The price is a bit steep for me right now, so I will probably try one more month before stopping. They are a new company, so maybe they are working on these important details.
The first box came about 4 weeks after I ordered. I never received an email telling me it shipped, so I was a bit surprised when it showed up one day. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I opened it up, but the Aussies sure did. They could not stop jumping up to get at the box. Once I opened it, I realized why.
The Aussies were clearly impressed by the contents of the box and so was I. We’ve tried a lot of subscription boxes and lately I’ve noticed that some of them (Spoiled Rotten is the guiltiest) seem to contain the same treats that we received in the Barkbox a few months earlier. It’s like a repeat knock-off a little too often for my taste. But HappyDogBox was different! There were entirely new products in this month’s box, with no repeats!
- Cloud Star Dynamo Dog Hip and Joint Functional Treat Pouches, Chicken, 14-Ounce: Dublin and Bailey love this brand of treats and hadn’t tried this flavor previously, so it was a big hit!
- Pet Kelp Blueberry Wave Dog Supplement: I haven’t tried this one with the dogs yet, but I can’t wait to see their reaction. I would never buy this at the store but I definitely plan to try it now.
- Barkworthies Premium Dog Treats, Curly Bully Sticks: Their favorite, no contest. The only issue? One bully stick, two dogs. 🙂
- Woofables Gourmet Dog Bakery: Wheat Free – mixed pack: I love trying new, small businesses. And the dogs loved these treats! This is why I love subscription boxes- without the box, I wouldn’t have found these treats.
- Earth Rated Green Dispenser with 15 Dog Waste Poop Bags: We can always use more poop bags, and environmentally-friendly bags make it even better.
- Monster Mouth Dog Toy Size: 4 inch: Dublin is obsessed with this toy. It’s huge, which is a change for him. He has a few Monster Mouth toys but none of them are this big. Needless to say, he adores this toy. I stuff it with a few treats and he works at it for 30 minutes at a time. It’s glorious! That may not seem like a long time, but he solves puzzle toys so quickly so I was shocked when he really had to work at this one. The box was worth it just for this toy!
All in all, I really like HappyDogBox . More importantly, the Aussome Aussies loved it. I think we will stick with this box for at least another month and in the meantime I will hope that they come up with a multi-month discount!